26 year old family run and stable staffed (most employees have stayed 20+ years) French Bistro in Chicago seeks trained chef who is excited to run a kitchen that presents fine dining executions of Bistro classics as well as creates new French Bistro inspired dishes that speak to contemporary palates and dietary restrictions.
-passion and love for French cooking and knowledge of standards & dish execution.
-Ability to hire/train cooks.
-Must have excellent line cooking and kitchen skills.
-At least three-years experience in high volume restaurant kitchen is required.
-Culinary degree is a plus.
-Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast pace environment.
-Strong leadership, communication, organization skills and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ensures proper culinary standards and techniques are in place for preparation of food items, including production, presentation and service standards.
-Creation of restaurant menus, daily menus and promotions
- In charge of the food cost and stock control, ensures operating and service quality
-Manages culinary team to ensure quality in final presentation of food.
-Trains and manage culinary and kitchen employees to use best practice food production techniques.
-Coaches employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how it is to be achieved.
- Multi-tasking as well as ability to simplify the agenda for the team is a must.
-Responsible for delivering food and labor targets. Understands performance metrics, data, order and inventory trends; consistent focus on margin improvement.
- Ensure accuracy of estimated food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. .
- Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations, including but not limited to those relating to safety, health, wage and hour.
Bistro style French restaurant with 156 seats + seasonal terrace.
Reports to: General Manager & Owner.
Contract: Full-time and year-round / executive
Compensation: according to experience
Starting date: early August
Education and profile: A stable work history / culinary training path is important for consideration.
Please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com.