Two Job Openings: (1) one francophone head teacher and (2) one francophone assistant teacher
for mixed-age class in new progressive school
Science, Language, and Arts, in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, is seeking highly qualified **native-French-speaking** teachers for the 2011-2012 academic year and beyond.
Science, Language, and Arts is a new French immersion school with a strong natural sciences and arts-based curriculum. We are opening one mixed-age class this year (ages 4 to 6/7), and will grow with our children into a full elementary program. Instruction is in both French and English. There is a Mandarin Chinese component, as well.
Science, Language, and Arts is seeking highly enthusiastic and progressive-minded candidates.
**New York State certification is NOT required.**
* Permanent U.S. citizenship, green card, or working visa valid for a minimum of 3 years
* Native proficiency in written and spoken French
* Knowledge of immersive techniques
* Experience working with children ages 3 to 7
* Experience working with children of mixed ages and mixed abilities
* Strong collaborative teaching skills; high level of flexibility and adaptability in the classroom
* Degree or graduate coursework in elementary education
* Experience in a progressive teaching environment
* Knowledge of Bank Street, Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, Montessori, or similar
* Three years’ teaching experience in elementary education
Please send a CV **and** cover letter (in English or French)
**describing your teaching philosophy**
to Jennifer Wilkin, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.