PS 133 (PK to 5) is hiring teachers for its French Dual Language Program (Fall 2014)
Located at the crossroads of Park Slope, Gowanus and Boerum Hill vibrant neighborhoods, PS 133 is Brooklyn's only elementary school that offers dual language programs (DLP) in both FRENCH and SPANISH.
Our student population is diverse both in cultural and socioeconomic background and our administration and PTA work tirelessly to ensure a wonderful education in a safe and caring environment.
1. A New York State certification in Childhood Education (Grades K-6) with a Bilingual French Extension (1-6).
OR at minimum,
2. A New York State Certification with French fluency.
NYSED requires 12 credits in coursework and an additional exam for bilingual extensions, so candidates MUST commit to register to take the Bilingual Education Assessment (BEA) Exam (http://www.nystce.nesinc.com), take the necessary 12 credit coursework in bilingual education and apply for the Bilingual Education Extension with www.NYSED.gov prior to the start of school year (2014-2015).
3. A minimum of 2 years of satisfactory service as a teacher in the New York City Public Schools.
4. American citizenship (or permanent residency).
5. Oral and written fluency in French and English.
Send your resume and cover letter in English as well as a French writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
For details about the position, go to http://ps133brooklyn.org/opportunities