PS 84, The Lillian Weber School of the Arts, is looking for a nurturing and caring French-speaking teacher for a dual language program. Students spend 50% of the time learning in an English classroom, and 50% learning in a French classroom. We are seeking somebody for the French component. Candidate must be fluent in French, and a certification in TESOL or Bilingual Education is an asset. We are looking for someone who aims to instill a love and passion for learning in all students. The position requires a positive attitude and an ambitious personality, with a desire to improve the lives' of students by helping young learners become bilingual and develop an appreciation for multi-culturalism. Applicants should also possess a warm and collaborative personality and be able to create an environment that encourages critical thinking and self-reflection. We are looking for a teacher who will provide meaningful lessons and educate young students in all academic subjects, while fostering a strong social emotional foundation. The ideal candidate is a team-player that is resourceful, flexible, and eager to work towards instructional excellence with colleagues.
* The teacher will be responsible for teaching all elementary school subjects in French.
* The teacher will be responsible for planning lessons according to the curricula used in the school, translating and adapting resources to the needs of the students.
* The teacher will be responsible for collaborating with his/her colleagues to ensure coordinated instruction.
* NYS Teacher Certification
* Bilingual Certification or working toward one
* Master’s Degree or enrolled in a Master’s Program
* Fully fluent and literate in French
* Detail-oriented individual
* Position begins September 2017
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Highly organized individual with ability to multi-task
Salary and Certification Requirements:
* Please refer to the NYC DOE Salary Schedule
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Principal Dr. Evelyn Lolis firstname.lastname@example.org