New York has Francophone Talents! French Culture Nights is proud to unveil New York Sings In French, the first annual French Music Talent Contest at Touch, 240 W. 52nd Street, on Sept. 22.
This contest will showcase up-and-coming Francophone singers living in New York. A panel of three judges, along with attendees, will select the winner. The prize is a sculpture specially designed by Francophone artist Pierre-Henry Guérard, a gifted sculptor who was featured at our May 2010 event. More than 500 people are expected to celebrate French music and its ambassadors – new Francophone talents.
- Floanne Ankah: Floanne‘s vocal repertoire includes French classics, opera arias and her own songs. For more information, please visit http://www.NewYorkSingsInFrench.com/
- Eleanor Dubinsky: Born in the U.S., Eleanor sings sincere, heartfelt melodies in French, Spanish and English and uses her music to express her passion for a diversity of people and cultures. For more information, please visit http://www.NewYorkSingsInFrench.com/
- Rose Noel: Born in Haiti, Rose Laure Noel is a singer, lyricist and a career woman. At the age of fifteen, Rose began singing in her church choir and started a six-female ensemble. For more information, please visit http://www.NewYorkSingsInFrench.com/
- Singer Michael Harley – www.MichaelHarleyMedia.com
- Singer Jessica Medina – www.JessicaMedina.net (featured at our May 2010 event)
- Singer Pascalito – www.Pascalito.com (featured at our January 2010 event)
Music by Haitian DJ Sabine.
The ticket is $10 if purchased online before September 15 with CODE: "CELINE" at http://www.NewYorkSingsInFrench.com/
After that, $15 until September 22 - 4pm, $20 at the door.
The entrance fee includes a Moroccan Buffet from Zerza Restaurant and desserts from Mad Mac NYC.
Apero (Happy Hour from 6.30pm to 7.30pm) is sponsored by Ricard, and a great selection of wines will be offered by AOC Fine Wines during the evening.
New York Sings In French is sponsored by French Music Export; Ruth C. Schwartz & Co. PR; Ricard; AOC Fine Wines; French Morning; New York in French; The French Culture Guide to New York; The French Pass; and Action Against Hunger.
Moroccan Restaurant Zerza is sponsoring the buffet; Three Little Pigs is bringing Hors d'Oeuvres; Mad-Mac is bringing French macaroons.
ABOUT FRENCH CULTURE NIGHTS
French Culture Nights features the Francophone artists who make French Culture in the Big Apple so unique. Each monthly event showcases a mix of visual and performance arts in a casual but elegant setting, offering the opportunity for French native and French Culture lovers of all backgrounds to enjoy the arts, mingle, and have fun.